External Resources, Activities and Services
The local area has some excellent resources, activities and services for young people. Many of these are aimed at Autistic young people or those with additional learning needs.
On this page you can find links to resources both online and in the local area that parents of Brent Knoll students have said they found useful.
If you run an activity or group, or if you know of a relevant service that is not linked to here on this website, we would love to know about it! You can update the Parent Forum on email@example.com or contact the school office.
- Watergate hydropool/Disability swimming
- Rockbourne Youth Club
- SEN scout club
- Sharks (Mottingham)
- Ahoy centre
- Studio 23 Performing Arts
- Adult learning centre, Brockley Rise – Family Yoga for Autism
- Guides (Neuro typical group)
- Deborah Ubee Trust
- Access Sport
- Buzzers Academies
- Lewisham Children and Family Centres
- GLYPT | Greenwich and Lewisham Young People’s Theatre, London
- ‘S’ Factor – Ladywell track for more information on S factor events see – S-Factor Academy Inclusive Athletics
– SFAC inclusive_welcome pack
- Brixton Wingz BMX_
- Peckham Wingz BMX
Recommended Online services include –
- National Autistic Society
- Go Henry (chores/pocket money teaching)
- Local Offer – Local Authority
- SENDIASS – Legal support
- Autism friendly cinemas
- Autism research institute
- SEND Pathfinder – very useful tool provided by the Department of Education on understanding the law surrounding EHCPs.
Also, Lewisham Parent and Carer Forum is for all mums, dads and carers in the London Borough of Lewisham who have children and young people with disabilities and additional needs up to 25 years of age.
Their most recent news Bulletin is here –
Tideway Sailability group in Surrey Docks has many years experience in providing support to vulnerable children and adults with disabilities so they can enjoy an out-of-doors activity in a safe, controlled environment. You can check out their latest news letter here –
S-Factor Academy Summer camp
S Factor Academy are pleased to announce that they will once again be running their free disability athletics summer camp!
The summer camp will take place at Ladywell Arena, Silvermere Road, Catford, SE6 4QX
Week 1 – Tues 24th July & Thurs 26th July
Week 2 – Tues 31st July & Thurs 2nd Aug
Week 3 – Tues 7th Aug & Thurs 9th Aug
Week 4 – Tues 14th Aug & Thurs 16th Aug
Week 5 – Tues 21st Aug & Thurs 23rd Aug (competition day)
Time – 10-1pm
Age – 7+
Inclusive to – Anyone with any disability, impairment and/or additional need.
How to sign up – We will have printed forms to sign on site when you attend.
What to bring – Lots of water & a packed lunch
What to wear – Weather appropriate comfortable sports clothes
You do not have to attend all sessions, you can drop in/out and attend as many sessions as you please.
All equipment is provided including sensory and impairment specific equipment: audible equipment, racing wheelchairs, CP Race Runner & seated throwing frame for physically impaired athletes.
*Volunteering: We are open to anyone wishing to volunteer and help us during the summer sessions, both young leaders and adults.
Local BMX clubs