External Resources, Activities and Services
The local area has some excellent resources, activities and services for young people. Many of these are aimed at Autistic young people or those with additional learning needs.
On this page you can find links to resources both online and in the local area that parents of Brent Knoll students have said they found useful.
If you run an activity or group, or if you know of a relevant service that is not linked to here on this website, we would love to know about it! You can update the Parent Forum on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office.
- Watergate hydropool/Disability swimming
- Rockbourne Youth Club
- SEN scout club
- Ahoy centre
- Studio 23 Performing Arts
- Adult learning centre, Brockley Rise
- Guides (Neuro typical group)
- Deborah Ubee Trust
- Access Sport
- Buzzers Academies
- Lewisham Children and Family Centres
- GLYPT | Greenwich and Lewisham Young People’s Theatre, London
- ‘S’ Factor – Ladywell track for more information on S factor events see – S-Factor Academy Inclusive Athletics
– SFAC inclusive_welcome pack
- Brixton Wingz BMX_
- Peckham Wingz BMX
Recommended Online services include –
- National Autistic Society
- Go Henry (chores/pocket money teaching)
- Local Offer – Local Authority
- SENDIASS – Legal support
- Autism friendly cinemas
- Autism research institute
- SEND Pathfinder – very useful tool provided by the Department of Education on understanding the law surrounding EHCPs.
Also, Lewisham Parent and Carer Forum is for all mums, dads and carers in the London Borough of Lewisham who have children and young people with disabilities and additional needs up to 25 years of age.
Their most recent news Bulletin is here –
LPFC are also looking for parents and carers to give their views on the EHCP process. If you are interested in giving your thoughts please see this flyer from LPCF –
Tideway Sailability group in Surrey Docks has many years experience in providing support to vulnerable children and adults with disabilities so they can enjoy an out-of-doors activity in a safe, controlled environment.
Local BMX clubs