External Resources, Activities and Services
The local area has some excellent resources, activities and services for young people. Many of these are aimed at Autistic young people or those with additional learning needs.
On this page you can find links to resources both online and in the local area that parents of Brent Knoll students have said they found useful.
If you run an activity or group, or if you know of a relevant service that is not linked to here on this website, we would love to know about it! You can update the Parent Forum on email@example.com or contact the school office.
- ‘S’ Factor – Ladywell track
- Watergate hydropool/Disability swimming
- Rockbourne Youth Club
- SEN scout club
- Sharks (Mottingham)
- Ahoy centre
- Studio 23 Performing Arts
- Adult learning centre, Brockley Rise – Family Yoga for Autism
- Guides (Neuro typical group)
- Deborah Ubee Trust
- Access Sport
- Buzzers Academies
- Lewisham Children and Family Centres
- GLYPT | Greenwich and Lewisham Young People’s Theatre, London
Recommended Online services include –
- National Autistic Society
- Go Henry (chores/pocket money teaching)
- Local Offer – Local Authority
- SENDIASS – Legal support
- Autism friendly cinemas
- Autism research institute
- SEND Pathfinder – very useful tool provided by the Department of Education on understanding the law surrounding EHCPs.
Also, Lewisham Parent and Carer Forum is for all mums, dads and carers in the London Borough of Lewisham who have children and young people with disabilities and additional needs up to 25 years of age.
Their most recent news Bulletin is here –
London Zoo are holding a Special Children’s Day event on May 19th-20th. This is a unique annual event at ZSL London Zoo welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends. For more information you can visit the London Zoo website.
On the 26th of April at 10:30am-12:30pm, Contact are running a Debt workshop with David Adams from Citizens Advice Lewisham.