Careers advice and guidance
It is important that all students are fully supported and guided through the process of planning their futures. With a programme of education, information, advice and guidance for all students from Years 7 -11, we believe our students are well prepared for their futures. All staff at Brent Knoll School play an active role in preparing them. We have a full programme of careers education that is delivered through PHSE, special events, enrichment programmes, visits, trips and assemblies and also within individual departments and through form time.
All students will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of themselves, their abilities and
- Gain a greater knowledge of the range of opportunities open to them
- Take part in work related activities in and out of school
- Understand the requirements and expectations of employers
- Learn to make decisions wisely about their future
- Be fully prepared to manage change and be fully supported through key transition periods
- Learn how to improve their own employability: how to find work, how to get work and how to progress their careers
We are very proud of our extensive and very strong links with employers. These employers work very closely with students through work placements, visits, talks, interview preparation, careers fairs and work related learning events.
For more detailed information on how Brent Knoll School supports our young people towards the next phase of their lives you can read our Careers Information Booklet.