About Our School
Rocks and Fossils with Sycamore class
Sycamore Class went to The Natural History Museum on Wednesday 9th May to look a...
On April 18th, Secondary students were visited at school by the #benicebus ̵...
Sport Relief 2018
On March 23rd, staff, students and parents at Brent Knoll School took part in fu...
Duke of Edinburgh Award Expedition
Students from Key Stage 4 at Brent Knoll have the opportunity to take par...
10B Climbing Trip
On March 13th some of our Year 10 students visited The reach climbing wall in Wo...
Year 11 CV Workshop
At Brent Knoll we are committed to ensuring that our young people transition to ...
Jack Petchey Award Winners
On Thursday March 15th, Some of our Jack Petchey Award winners from 2017 were ce...
8B Visit to Forest Hill Fire Station
On Tuesday March 13th, 8B walked up the road to Forest Hill Fire Station. They w...
Working with Parents
We are committed to developing a strong partnership with parents so that we work together to meet pupils’ needs. We do this by communicating regularly with parents/carers in the following ways…
We expect all pupils to wear our simple uniform: school sweatshirts and polo shirts with dark trousers/skirts (which can be purchased from Wearabouts on Sydenham High Street) . Secondary pupils…
A Parent Reading Workshop was held in February to provide parents with an overview of how reading is taught at Brent Knoll and how teaching strategies might be used at home to support learning…
School Home Support
We have a School Home Support practitioner based at the school. Emma Moore works with families to tackle the underlying issues that cause poor attendance/behaviour and lead to under-achievement…
Term Dates 2018-19
- Monday 3 September to Friday 19 October (35 days)
- Half term: Monday 22 October to Friday 26 October
- Monday 29 October to Friday 21 December (40 days)
- Monday 7 January to Friday 15 February (30 days)
- Half term: Monday 18 February to Friday 22 February
- Monday 25 February to Friday 5 April (30 days)
- Tuesday 23 April to Friday 24 May (23 days) (the early May bank holiday will be taken on 6 May)
- Half term: Monday 27 May to Friday 31 May
- Monday 3 June to Tuesday 23 July (37 days)
In 2018–19 children should attend for 190 days (or 380 half sessions). Teachers must be available to work for 195 days during the academic year.
Inset day: Monday September 3rd.
Four more staff inset days to be confirmed.
- Christmas Day: Tuesday 25 December 2018
- Boxing Day: Wednesday 26 December 2018
- New Year’s Day: Tuesday 1 January 2019
- Good Friday: Friday 19 April 2019
- Easter Monday: Monday 22 April 2019
- Early May bank holiday: Monday 6 May 2019
- Spring bank holiday: Monday 27 May 2019
- Summer bank holiday: Monday 26 August 2019
The latest OFSTED inspection report for Brent Knoll was published in July 2015. The report highlights the many strengths of the school with all judgements being either good or outstanding. We are particularly pleased with that Behaviour and Safety was judged to be outstanding.
Brent Knoll fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and that because of the day to day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse.
Parents can request a paper copy of the information on this website free of charge. Please contact the school office.
Visits to Brent Knoll
We encourage visits to Brent Knoll for parents to see what we offer and the quality of the education and care provided.
Contact The School
Brent Knoll School
0208 699 1047
Telephone and speak to one of our admin team Gemma Brownhill, Grace Cook or Jenny Elliott on number above.
Acting Headteacher: Mr Andy Taylor
Address: Perry Rise,
Telephone: 020 8699 1047
Staff Login: Login